Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Salt stung my contacts, making my swim in the majestic Indian Ocean bitter sweet- similar to so many experiences I have had on this trip. The color of the water matched that of the sky; even the waves breaking reflected the white of the clouds. From the water, I watched my roommate ride a camel across the beach for just 2000 shillings.
And so our sixth day here in Dar es Salaam, our day at the beach, felt like our sixth week. There is no way I could possibly give an account of all that the girls and I have done and been through in our first week here… Seeing people smile, laugh, and hearing them welcome you to their country all while they are sweating more than you, carrying more than you as well as having much less than you hasn’t lost it’s element of awe yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment